Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Left leg aagey aagey

Yup you have guessed it right. I loved 'Rab Ne' and saw 'Rab' in King Khan. I usually keep humming the songs but my title is not about it. It's about the crowd again. The crowd in the bus ( where else) . I seem to be incapable of thinking beyond the crowd and traffic in Mumbai. The buses are so crowded here that you can't keep your legs steady at one place. Depending on who moves in or out ( thankfully), one needs to keep stepping back and forth. Left leg aagey aagey Right leg peche peche( Ah! The word 'aagey' ! I seem to be in love with this word traveling in the Mumbai buses) .That's silly but I was reminded of the 'Chance pe Dance' song in 'Rab De'. But unlike that, the exercise in the bus is no fun.

I sometimes wonder why no one thinks of doing something about the Mumbai traffic. We, management students should perhaps do something about it. Mumbai is big. Mumbai is happening. It's the home of Bollywood. It is the financial capital of India. There are so many foreigners who visit this city. This happens despite all the chaos and commotion. A bit of orderliness would be so good for the city. There definitely has to be a way out. I sometimes wonder how one can live day in and day out in this city traveling from one end to another without feeling the pinch to do something about it? May be I am saying this since I have been here for just about a month. May be I will get used to it within the next one month.


No comments:

Post a Comment